Thursday, February 20, 2014

Investing in Today Will Change Your Future

I see so many people that I talk to and counsel make a major mistake. We all do it and it doesn't seem like such a big deal but if you think about it, it can be. We all talk about tomorrow. What's going to happen tomorrow or what are the plans for next week? Next month? You might say there is nothing wrong with that and you are right.....partially.

It is a good idea when making plans to think of how it will affect your future. The problems lies somewhere in that description. We are not really sure what tomorrow will bring. There is so much emphasis, good and bad, placed on what is going happen later. Everyone tends to get anxious and worry about the things to come. I want to be honest I do this as well, but I always try to catch myself and change my thought process a bit.

See when we worry about what is going to happen in the future we miss valuable time that we have in the present moment. I know I have personally missed out on a great deal of enjoying my life for worrying about things out of my control. I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow or if I will even be here. Lets be reasonable and say that at any age there is a possibility that we won't see tomorrow or next week. Its okay to make plans but we need to realize that anything can be subject to change. Sometimes things do not happen the way we intended, but more often than not it works out for the best.

I believe that we need to put more emphasis on today. Tomorrow will have it's own wonderful moments and trials, but we need to focus on the task at hand. There are only 24 short hours in a day and we often waste time worrying and spend less time making ourselves better. We have to live for today because today effects our future as much as tomorrow will. Your boss at work and friends will not tell you to focus on today, because we are all conditioned to think of the future. Plan for the future and take your step forward today, because it is today that can make tomorrow worth living. If we live everyday like it is our last, we will have no regrets and our futures will take care of themselves when tomorrow becomes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment