Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Do Things Out Of Love

In my life I have found myself doing things for others and like everyone, I usually had a feeling I would receive something in return. Usually you do but when you do in with that kind of attitude if you don't you become angry and say that you are not going to help that person anymore.

While people should return the favor you should just do things out of love and not expect them to do things for you. It can be difficult but try to do things just because you want to help and not because you want something for yourself.

I have made that mistake too many times in my life. In the past several years I have realized that I enjoy helping people and I don't have to receive something for my efforts. Sometimes a simple thank you or seeing someone smile makes me feel like I have already been payed.

I have been payed to do things and while the money was nice, I enjoyed just simply doing something for someone that really needed help. I have worked with people of all ages that just wanted someone to talk to or to help them through a difficult time. These are the things that should make life worth living. Knowing that you were there to help someone in possibly there lowest point and that you helped pull them out.

People need someone to lean on for support and you can be that person if you will just put yourself in that persons shoes. I'm sure when times were hard for you, you wanted someone that was willing to help you no matter how you repaid them. So just remember don't always do something to receive something in return. Do things because you care and want to help and you will find that everyday you have a reason to wake up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment