Monday, April 28, 2014

The World Doesn't Begin And End With You: Be Humble

I was walking around a few stores this weekend and I continue to notice how rude people seem to be. I have posed on this before and I feel it bears repeating. Too many people act as though the world owes them a living and when they don't get the things they want, they become angry and hateful. 

Let me be clear, it is nice to get your way, but no one in this world owes you a thing. Get over yourself. Yes we should all treat each other with respect and we should get respect in return, but you are not the only person that God created to walk this earth. Too many people feel like they are more important than they are. You should think highly of yourself but in such a way that you are still humble. 

You can be proud of who you are and the things you have accomplished without putting everyone down in the process. You will find that people will be more willing to help you if you are a thoughtful and respectful person. I have no reason to feel the need to help someone that thinks that I owe them. I don't feel any emotional drive to see them come through or make anything of themselves. 

I am a caring person and if seeing people act that ways makes me not care what they do, then chances are the rest of the world won't care either. I am not the most important person in the world and neither are you. It really doesn't matter whether you are the President or some other public official, the world does not have to bow down at your feet. 

Just remember that if you want more in life stop expecting people to just had you things. Work for what you want and people will help you. Nothing in life is free so stop expecting things to just be handed to you on a silver platter. Be respectful to the people that are working with the public because they have to be there long after you have gone home. They don't owe you anything more than the service they get paid for, which by the way, is not enough for what they do (I know from my own experience).

No comments:

Post a Comment