Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Do Our Thoughts Determine Outcomes In Life?

I had a friend ask me a question yesterday that really got me thinking. He said "do you think that our thoughts cause things to happen in our lives?" Well to answer that question I had to really think long and hard. Personally I do believe that our thoughts manifest themselves in our body, but to cause other things to happen can be difficult to prove.

If you think about feeling sick or hurting, you eventually will feel sick because your mind and body are working together as one. When you think about sad things you  feel sad, so this idea is conceivable. I have had many people tell me that they don't understand why bad things seem to always happen to them. I can't prove it without fault, but nine times out of ten when you think negatively you attract negative things into your life.

When I have felt like I had no money and stated that my bills kept piling up, I had even more expenses dumped in my lap. When I have thought about doing bad on a test, I usually end up with a not so wonderful grade. Your negativity will attract negative things into your life. That is not to say that thinking positively will always get you want you want, but you have a much better chance of things working in your favor if you do.

In the world we live in we are conditioned to expect the worse and hope for the best. This is the wrong attitude because you could be potentially setting yourself up for bad things to come. When bad things do come up you can just brush them off and roll with it. Life is full of good and bad and thinking positively will not only attract good things your way, but will also help you deal with the bad in a much more productive way.

So remember, think positively and hope for the best instead of expecting the worst and hoping for the best. You will find a sense of well being and harmony in your life. When unwanted things come up, just smile and accept life for what it is... a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment