Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Friends: Envy Lies Beneath

I was talking to a friend of mine a few years ago and I told him some things that I wanted to stay between us. He assured me that he would not tell anyone, and him being a friend I believed him. A few weeks later I started noticing that people were asking me things that revolved around what I had told this friend. Then I found out that he had told a lot of people what I had asked him not to. 

So fast forward and the same thing happened with a different friend. I started noticing patterns that most of my so called "friends" were the ones spreading my business. It turns out that I only had a few friends that kept things between us and those were my true friends. 

The question I had is why are my friends the ones telling things that I ask them not to? Simply put you do not have as many friends as you think. You will have a lot of people in your life that are not real friends, and they are jealous of you for many reasons. A "friend" will hide their envy of you because they are supposed to be your friend, but deep down they want to be the person everyone likes. They will do almost anything to get in your way even if they don't really want to hurt you. 

This goes back to the minds thoughts manifesting themselves in the body. If someone is jealous of you deep down, their actions will show it eventually. This doesn't mean they don't care for you but that their jealousy is coming to the surface. Your friends are far more envious of you than your enemies and will hide any spite from you. 

 Jealousy gets in between most friends on a daily basis, but we should all strive to build trust in our relationships. It is up to you to decide whether you keep those friendships with people that you feel don't respect your privacy, and only you can determine if you believe that there is a true bond of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment