Thursday, March 13, 2014

Don't Give Up! Turn Your Weakness Into Strength

Have you ever felt like giving up? Every single person has felt like giving up, and if they say they haven't they would be lying. I feel like giving up all the time, because when times get hard it is so easy to pack up and quit. The body and the mind always migrate to a path of least resistance. When you hurt your ankle you will limp because the body avoids the pressure on that joint as you walk. 

Even though your body is conditioned to take the path of least resistance, we should not be so quick to give up. When you give up you are weak minded. I have given up several times and later I realized how weak I was. I let a difficult situation change the path I had set out for. 

We all have strengths and weaknesses, but we should be striving every day to make our weak areas stronger. If you are afraid of something you should face that fear rather than run the other way. I know one fear I had when I was younger was water. I took swimming lessons and never would let my head go under. Eventually I thought to myself.... What am I going to look like at 18 to 30 years old being afraid to swim? 

The thought pushed me to face my fears and learn to swim and go under water, because I could not stand the fact that it beat me. Yes I gave up on learning to swim as a young child, but when I realized how weak I was I did everything I could to teach myself how to not be afraid of water. Now you will never see me anywhere but the water if I am on vacation. 

My point is that we all let something beat us at some point in our lives, but the fight shouldn't end there. We are only as strong as our mind and body are, and if we train ourselves to be afraid and run we always will. If we teach ourselves to face fear and adversity head on, we can make more of our lives and our opportunities. Don't let a fear control you but take it by the horns and go along for the ride. You may even surprise yourself one day when your weakness becomes your strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment